This position is responsible for overall management and implementation of the cyclone preparedness project activities at the Upazila level under cyclone prone region especially in Khulna, Barisal region and Cox’s Bazar. He/she will be accountable for the successful delivery of the project deliverables, regularly monitor and report the progress in achieving them, ensure coordination with key stakeholders such as local government institutions, PIOs, other humanitarian actors, local leaders, CBOs, etc. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring that the activity follows project log frame, implementation plan and budget.
- Supervise staff to ensure the timely, efficient, and impactful implementation of the project.
- Provide technical guidance in the implementation of project activities (propositioning container storage in suitable location with proper operation plan including NFIs, storage and operational usage of portable RO plant for rapid response) and adapt accordingly with field operation in case of any emergency in the targeted regions;
- Prepare project reports (progress) for management information, oversight and action in a timely manner;
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the Programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment;
- Ensure compliance for all actions and activities with organizational rules, regulations, policies, strategies and internal control mechanisms and the achievement of results according to the principles of results based management.
- Travel frequently to the field around coastal districts (at least 80%), monitor progress and identify risks for timely action and early resolution;
- Manage the project resources (budget and human resources) properly for maximum cost-effectiveness and efficiency;
- Provide guidance to the team members on program quality standards, management quality procedures and DRR best practices;
- Plan, manage, monitor and oversee the different steps and stages of project execution and ensure the accomplished the activities as per design including support in cyclone contingency planning and preparedness;
- Collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the desired outcomes.
- Computer Literacy (MS-Word, Excel, power point etc.)
- Minimum 05 years’ of experience in humanitarian response, or development sector with govt. agencies and/ or I/NGOs.
- Excellent speaking and writing skill both in Bangla and English.
- Analytical thinking, decision making, report writing.
- Disaster Management framework of Bangladesh.
- Global, regional and national level humanitarian architecture.
- Master’s in Social Science/ Disaster Management/ Development Studies/ Geography/ Environment Science or any other relevant subject from any reputed university with minimum second class in all exams/ CGPA 2.5 and above or equivalent.
- Team building and leading capacity and ability to work under pressure and deadline.
- Sound knowledge on Sphere and all other humanitarian framework and standards.
- Flexible to face new challenges.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com